I've taken this opportunity to put my thoughts into words, and my words into music...
consider it my song of the day!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Alabama, Arkansas...

I'm LOVING this song right now. I think I came across it on iTunes the other day when I was just kinda searching around... then I looked it up on YouTube. If you get the time, you should definitely check out the live performance that was on David Letterman a little earlier this year...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9jY8yAxgs

Anyways, back to the post. As I said before, I'm LOVING this song right now.. it sounds so different than anything on the radio, the instrumentation with the whistling. Phenomenal... And if you get a chance to watch the live video, the people are dancing around like crazy folks, but they just look like they're having such a great time! Listening to this makes me feel so happy and carefree... just the way they look! And happy is definitely a feeling I've had lately...

As you know, I celebrated my birthday on Tuesday and Wednesday this week (yes, I get two days!) with all of my family and friends. My mom, sister, and nieces came to visit over the week, we did dinner with AC's family on Tuesday, and I ended with a great girls night out on Wednesday at Provino's... FREE ITALIAN! All in all, this was absolutely the BEST birthday I have had- and I went to bed last night with such a feeling of happiness and joy, not to mention gratitude. I am so very thankful for the great people that are in my life, the ones I can call on when I've had my worst day, the ones I can spend girls night with in stretchy pants and eating Chinese buffet, the ones that shower me with gifts and flowers, new friends, old friends, and the ones that whisk we away for surprise getaways! It is because of all of this that I am the happiest I have been in a long time...

So to all of you I say Thank You!

Some people say "Home is Where the Heart Is," but I say..
Home is wherever I'm with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment